Get Rid of Acne Naturally
What if someone told you that you could get rid of acne naturally, would you believe it? The truth is you can learn how to get rid of acne naturally and it isn’t a difficult process at all.
There are many natural ingredients that are used in medicated acne products in the market: salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid), an ingredient extracted from witch hazel; different forms of (alpha hydroxy acid) glycolic acid from pineapples, cantaloupe and sugar cane and lactic acid from fermented milk products.
These natural acids are key ingredients that provide acne products with oil absorbing, astringent, anti-bacteria properties in today’s leading products. These acids can penetrate deep within skin cells, ridding of dead skin cells and allowing younger cells to come to the surface.
BHA and AHA work beautifully to improve skin texture, unclog pores and improve skin cell turnover.
Using homemade ingredients to get rid of acne naturally can also produce successful results. Homemade ingredients are usually fresher but they must be used immediately to ensure effectiveness, preventing the oxidization of these natural products.
More tips on acne care:
Natural Acne Spot Treatments:
1. Undiluted 100% Tea Tree Essential Oil. Tea Tree Oil has anti-bacteria/ viral properties. Dab directly on spots.
2. Tea Tree Essential Oil Sulphur mask. Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil to Sulfur or power green clay (kaolin clay). Apply on spots and wash off after 10-20 minutes.
3. Lemon and Tumeric mask. Juice 1/2 a lemon and add a teaspoonful of tumeric powder. Apply poultice on entire face. Lemon juice stings a bit but works beautifully as a natural astringent with effective vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C (a natural skin brightener, good to fade off scars), citric acid (AHA) and zinc (for skin healing) while tumeric is pack full of antioxidants that speeds up wound healing with added anti-inflammatory benefits.
4. Honey and Oatmeal scrub/mask- Honey has anti-viral, anti-bacteria and moisturizing qualities while oatmeal is a great gentle exfoliator to great rid of dead skin cells. Your skin will be softer and smoother. Choose steel cut oats for a finer scrub. Mix 1 teaspoon honey and a handful of oats together, apply and leave on the skin for 10 minutes. Scrub your face gently and wash off with warm water. (Vegans- substitute honey with maple syrup)
5. Neem Clay mask. Neem has powerful purging and antibacterial, antiviral properties. Add 1-2 drops of neem oil to a tablespoon of kaolin clay powder and water. Apply and leave on for 10-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Natural Acne Toner
- Make your own astringent toner. Apple cider vinegar hosts a variety of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin as well as minerals such as potassium, sodium, chlorine, sulphur, iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous and fluorine.
Add 4 tablespoons of 100% raw, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to 2 cups (500ml) of distilled water. Store solution in a glass or plastic bottle in the refrigerator. I like to use a bottle with a spritzer to spray it on the face. Cold temperatures close the pores.
Natural Moisturizer for Acne
Vitamin E, is a fat fat-soluble antioxidant derived from sunflower and grape seed oil, provides superb moisture and skin renewing benefits. It protects your cells against oxidation, fights free radicals that causes skin damage. It also plays a pivotal role in cell renewal and scar healing, great for helping your skin recover from post acne trauma.
100% pure vitamin E can be found in glass bottles sold in departmental stores in different concentrations. Jamieson produces quality vitamin E oil in 32,000 IU. Use 14,000 to 32,000 IU to help moisturize your skin. Pure vitamin E does not clog pores and helps your skin renew itself but has a thick, sticky viscosity. Dab a small amount on face or affected areas, spreading it thinly and allow it some time to be absorbed into the skin.
Daily Tip to Get Rid of Acne Naturally
Drink the juice of a lemon a day in the morning. This will help cleanse your liver internally and flush out the nasty toxins in your body that contributes to acne. Eating citrus fruits also aids acne in many ways. Reducing the amount of dairy products and increasing your vegetable and fruit intake also helps your digestive system to eliminate waste and toxin buildup.
Getting rid of acne naturally is easy and usually less harsh than over the counter acne medications. It does take some time for the effects to kick in but once they do, you will be amazed at you can go acne free naturally!